The Real Spa Lifestyle
We live in a world where it has become acceptable to skimp on quality and (mostly) put our health in jeopardy for the sake of saving money.
We strive to only stock & sell products that:
- Have already been recycled/100% recyclable
- Have been locally sourced & produced,
- Have been produced employing only local people,
- Have not been tested on animals
We have tried our utmost best to provide REAL products for REAL people.
We are so much more than what we know..
We are what we
Eat, Drink, Breath, Sleep, Put unto our bodies, Live in, Surround ourselves with.
We’ve covered every element of that REAL lifestyle through our treatments, retreats, and products – tested and used daily by REAL people, living a truly REAL lifestyle. We’ve brought the REAL lifestyle centre to life with the modern woman in mind.
Renewal of the mind results in the renewal of the body.
As someone thinks within himself, so he is.
“As we think, we change the physical nature of our brain. As we consciously direct our thinking, we can wire out toxic patterns of thinking and replace them with healthy thoughts.”
– Dr. Caroline Leaf, New York Times’ Bestselling author of “Switch On Your Brain”
At REAL Spa we encourage pure, positive and healthy thought patterns. Whilst waiting for your treatment we encourage clients to repeat the positive affirmations placed around our spa in their minds. We hope that these positive thoughts will become a daily habit and that a healthy mindset will be cultivated. We hope you will leave realizing your REAL uniqueness & power within.
We are what we breathe.
It is the first action we take at birth and the last action we take before death. It is critical that the air we breathe is healthy and not harmful to our bodies. Pollution is a REAL problem, and therefore we have pledged to be a 100% solar & gas-operated spa within the next 6 years.
In the meanwhile, we are relying on our Spekboom (aka “wonder plants”) to purify our air and combat carbon emissions in – and around our spa. We want our clients to breathe in REAL fresh air & experience what happens to our bodies when pollution & toxins are absent in the air that we breathe.
Throughout our spa, air purifiers & other air purifying plants have also been selectively placed to provide a REAL toxic-free environment for our clients.
Water is life. Water renews the spirit. Water is a precious resource.
REAL Spa owners & founders realize the importance & necessity of water for all living beings. Coming from a family of farmers and conservationists, we support the consumption of REAL clean & balanced water and we also understand the importance of preserving this life source for generations to come.
Our spa makes use of a Grey-water system which uses water from sinks, baths and showers for flushing & gardening.
Why we are obsessed with consumption of REAL & balanced water:
Most people are not aware that not only does the water they ingest contain harmful hormones and pesticides (especially in urban areas), but that it normally has a PH of lower than neutral (7.0). Most areas have tested a PH of less than 5, and to put it in perspective – a lavatory can be sterilized with a PH-liquid of 4.3.
Feel free to bring a sample of your tap-water along for testing right there – and then in front of you to provide you with peace of mind.
The over consumption of acidic water causes an acidic body & it:
- Exposes You to Heavy Metals
- Damages Your Teeth over Time
- Places Young Children at Risk (Vomiting, diarrhea, kidney disease, liver disease, stomach cramps, and nausea are among the leading health issues)
- No Calcium Retention
- Causes Gastrointestinal Sickness
- Increases Exposure to Contaminants
The water we sell at our spa has a ph-level of 9, in an effort to combat the daily forms of acid we put into our bodies. The water is packaged in bottles that are 100% BPA-free, produced locally & 100% recyclable.
*What is BPA?
BPA stands for bisphenol A. BPA is an industrial chemical that has been used to make certain plastics and resins since the 1960s. Exposure to BPA is a concern because of possible health effects of BPA on the brain and prostate gland of fetuses, infants and children. It can also affect children’s behavior. Additional research suggests a possible link between BPA and increased blood pressure as well as autism.
“Sleep is the best meditation.” – Dalai Lama
To understand sleep deficiency, it helps to understand how sleep works and why it’s important. The two basic types of sleep are rapid eye movement (REM) and non-REM.
Non-REM sleep includes what is commonly known as deep sleep or slow wave sleep. Dreaming typically occurs during REM sleep. Generally, non-REM and REM sleep occur in a regular pattern of 3–5 cycles each night.
You have an internal “body clock” that controls when you’re awake and when your body is ready for sleep. This clock typically follows a 24-hour repeating rhythm (called the circadian rhythm). The rhythm affects every cell, tissue, and organ in your body and how they optimally function.
If you aren’t getting enough sleep, are sleeping at the wrong times, or have poor quality sleep, you’ll likely feel very tired during the day. You may not feel refreshed and alert when you wake up, even though you might have been getting in the “eight hours the doctor ordered”.
Sleep deficiency can interfere with work, school, driving, and social functioning. You might have trouble learning, focusing, and reacting.
Why is REAL sleep important:
- Healthy Brain Function and Emotional Well-Being – Sleep helps your brain work properly. While you’re sleeping, your brain is preparing for the next day. It’s forming new pathways to help you learn – and remember information.
- Physical Health – For example, sleep is involved in healing and repair of your heart and blood vessels. Ongoing sleep deficiency is linked to an increased risk of heart disease, kidney disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, and stroke.
- Daytime Performance and Safety – Getting enough quality sleep at the right times helps you function well throughout the day. People who are sleep deficient are less productive at work and school. They take longer to finish tasks, have a slower reaction time, and make more mistakes.
Your skin is the largest organ of your body and since it is porous, it absorbs whatever you put on it. All the products that we use & sell are natural, organic where possible & REAL. The products are also 100% Safe for pregnant women and locally sourced & produced.
All products as described as needed in the book have been adapted to fit the South-African lifestyle and REAL’s ethos, and are available at all REAL-outlets for purchasing – in the hope that it too will make a difference to some women’s lives.
Our waxing products are 100% natural.
We are also proud to recommend Andre Green Hair Design as our preferred hair salon of choice. Andre makes use of Paul Mitchell Hair Colouring & Products.
Paul Mitchell products are:
- Recognized by PETA as cruelty-free and they are a proud member of “Beauty Without Bunnies” program.
- Green from the get-go. In 1982 their co-founders established a self-sustaining, solar-powered Awapuhi farm in Hawaii—all of the Awapuhi used in their products is still harvested there today.
It is 100% safe for pregnant women and it is produced and sourced in South Africa for the South African climate. Our co-founders tested all other available gels and polishes on the market – and this is the least toxic one that fits in with their ethos and still “gets the job done” in a more-than-acceptable-way.
We are what we consume and what our bodies encounter.
- We offer freshly squeezed juices to detox from the inside out before every treatment.
- Our luxurious natural & healthy sugar baths will tingle your senses, detox and moisturize your skin.
- All of the plastic containers in our spa is 100% recyclable & BPA-free. We also make use of glass containers where possible.
- Our Slippers & Robes are produced locally from recycled materials.
- Our Body Lotion & Scrub is 100% natural, mostly organic, locally produced & -sourced.